ℹ️ QRIS refers to QR Code Indonesian Standard, a standardised QR Code that Bank Indonesia has approved for payments in Indonesia.
This feature is only available to users with Indonesian phone numbers.
Connect your M-Bayar account to f(x)Wallet
Before you could pay to a QRIS code, you'll need to connect your M-Bayar account to f(x)Wallet. If you don't have an exsiting account, f(x)Wallet provides a seamless experience for you to sign up to M-Bayar.
1. Scan a QRIS code using QR code scanner
- You could open the QR code scanner by tapping the icon on the upper right corner or the "QR Code" option in the Quick Panel on My Wallet page.
- f(x)Wallet can auto detect QRIS codes. For the first time a QRIS code is identified, f(x)Wallet will provide the option to connect your M-bayar account. Choose M-bayar to proceed.
2. Input your M-Bayar account information (note: only available for +62 users) on the Connect Account page, and tap Log in to connect
|ℹ️If you've forgotten your PIN code, you could tap the link ("tap here") on the page for help, or you could also read the help document here.|
To use this feature, a M-Bayar account is a must. If you don't have an existing M-Bayar account, please choose "Sign up for M-Bayar". Enter your user name, phone number (note: only available for +62 users) and email address, and choose your gender. Tap "Next" to submit to M-bayar.
⚠️ Once you submit your registration to M-Bayar, a verification email will be sent to your registered email address. Please follow the instructions in the email to complete registration. You'll need to click the link in the email and set the PIN/password on M-Bayar's web page.
After you complete the registration, use your f(x)Wallet to scan a QRIS code with the QR code scanner and connect your M-Bayar account to f(x)Wallet.
Manage your M-Bayar account
After your M-Bayar account is successfully connected, a "Pay" option would be added to your Quick Panel on My Wallet page.
- Tap the "Pay" icon, and you could view your current spending limit per transaction and all payment transactions that have been made via f(x)Wallet upon the account connection.
|⚠️ To increase the limit per individual transaction, M-Bayar requires their users to be verified through their KYC.|
- To disconnect your account from f(x)Wallet, tap the icon on the upper right corner
Make QRIS Payment
1. Scan the QRIS code to pay using QR code scanner
To open the QR code scanner, you could choose to tap one of the following three:
- the scanner button on the upper right corner on My Wallet page
- the QR code option in Quick Panel
- the scanner button on your Pay With Crypto (M-Bayar Account connected) page.
2. Make the payment
Based on the merchant's settings, the QRIS code you've scanned may offer a fixed amount without the ability to edit or key in any number on your end. In this case, just tap "OK" to proceed. Otherwise, enter the amount you have to pay, and tap "OK" to proceed.
- Tap "Select Token", and select the crypto you'd like to use for the payment
- Tap "Pay" to complete the payment transaction
Pay attention to the countdown on the upper right. The rate used in your payment transaction expires in 120 seconds. Once it has expired, you'll need tap Refresh before you can proceed to pay.
- Wait until the payment is done
Each transaction will be processed sequentially by the payment gateway, blockchain and M-Bayar network. Any of the three steps fails, the payment fails. The payment transaction only gets completed when it is confirmed by M-Bayar network.
If the internet connection (mobile data or WIFI) to your device or the RPC node connection to f(x)Wallet is slow, the payment could be unable to proceed for the moment. You will see the exchange rate missing, or get a "The Internet connection is slow, please try again later" message, or even can't proceed to the Select Token page.
In this case, other than making sure that your phone is using the mobile data or WIFI, you could also check the status of the node of the blockchain you're using.
An RPC(Remote Procedure Call) node is a server that helps apps function and verify transactions. Navigate to the Manage Blockchains page, and choose Node Settings, choose the blockchain you're using, and you could view the connection speed. Choose a good node if it's the speed is really slow.
⚠️ Please note that it's not good to frequently switch the connection from one node to another, unless the connected node is down.